[Fedora] Plan Stage 0: Move to Zanata

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 17 01:47:54 UTC 2014

(2014年07月17日 04:01), josefhruska at upcmail.cz wrote:

>  > 16. červenec 2014 v 16:02 Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at fedoraproject.org>
> napsal(a):
>  >
>  > Stage 1 - Establish fedora.zanata.org (FAS only instance)
>  > Available at: TBA
>  > Period: n/a
>  > * This will contain only essential items, no history is imported. First
>  > every language coordinator needs to create new account and become your
>  > team coordinator. And then the coordinators will help and approve other
>  > translators to join. Note, there is no auto or transparent migration.
>  >
>  > cheers
>  >
>  > noriko
>  > --
> Hi Noriko,
> Hi all,
> I am just courious if it means that users/translators that already have
> a zanata (FAS) account for translate.zanata.org will have to create
> another zanata account for fedora.zanata.org? I would obviously prefer
> if the former could be re-used for the fedora zanata instance.
> Thank you for providing any info, sooner or later.
> Josef

Thanks for asking!
Yes, we will have to create new account, and can use exact same username.

In translate.zanata.org, non-Fedora translators reside. There is no
Organization feature in zanata yet, and it is hard to separate
non-Fedora and fedora users completely on same instance atm. We can not
force our own rule there. In order to keep and maintain our team
structure (or user structure) such as names, coordinators and rules of
approval, having separate instance is simple and clear. As the instance
will be newly created, same username can be used. Eventually all Fedora
packages will move to fedora.zanata.org.
Zanata team, pls correct me if I am misunderstanding.

noriko