Should we allow anonymous users to pull from Zanata?

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 28 02:31:46 UTC 2014

(2014年07月25日 17:04), Ding Yi Chen wrote:
> At this stage, you need to register to be able to pull.
> In other words, you need to provide zanata APIKEY in order to pull
> or use FAS to login and download translation.
>
> However, if allow anonymous to pull, it will benefit:
> 1. automatic build scripts: so developers can put their build scripts to public git.
> 2. Multilingual dictionary projects: so they can query zanata.

Thank you for the offer, Ding-Yi,
To me, it looks attractive. Some time ago, I saw the post on this list
asking Tx to allow anonymous users.

> Cons:
> We are not able to track the usage, therefore cannot allocate resource accordingly.

If this happens often, then the setting can be changed to 'not allow'.
Is this too late? Or may be set 'not allow' during translation period
only (aka, it starts string freeze date and ends translation deadline
date), to avoid unexpected down on peak period? It sounds how does
Zanata team manage the risk.

noriko