Fedora names not to be translated

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 17 15:28:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 12:14:30PM +0800, Tommy He wrote:
> I saw you use the word "recommendation", not “request”. :)
> Thus would you mind forwarding our concerns to Legal team, please?

Hi Tommy. It is a recommendation for better protecting our brand. I
don't think I quite understand the concerns. As I understand it, if the
name were nonsense like "Fibblesnerki", there would be no problem. Why
does the fact that the name happens to have an English meaning make a
difference here? That seems almost backwards.

The important thing is that this _is_ a name, not just a description,
and should be treated specially.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>