cvsl10n memberships

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 02:45:40 UTC 2014

>> I'm asking this because there are quite a few people on the queue.
>
> As one of the people on the queue, we asked to join because wiki said so:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Guide#Join_to_the_group_cvsl10n
>
> It is not requirement for us to start translating on TX, but Simon said...
> :)

If you create a Fedora account, you need to belong to a group,
otherwise, it will probably be removed.

I think the main reason to belong to a group is only for
administrative purposes.

I don't know if we need to belong to a group in order to be able to
edit the Fedora wiki, common sense says yes.

Translators use an external infrastructure from a long time ago. There
were times when some new members only applied for an account in the
external infrastructure, but not for a Fedora account. There were no
problems with that, new members did a great job during the time they
were translating.

So, if you apply for a Fedora account, you need to belong to a group.
Otherwise, you may skip that step (cvsl10n membership in the Fedora
account system), the current external infrastructure will ask you to
sign the CLA anyway.

My two cents.

cheers

Domingo Becker