man-pages-l10n

Ankit Patel ankit at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 02:47:35 UTC 2014

On 08/14/2014 03:36 PM, Akira TAGOH wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- | The only sustainable approach is to
> cooperate with man-pages upstream to | incorporate i18n and l10n
> support. E.g. po4a tool is good at this. Otherwise | you will always
> slip behind upstream English sources.
>
> That's true. however I did try to contact upstream before doing
> already, but didn't get any unfortunately. so I hope the effort on
> this project moves toward that way.

Hi Tagoh,

That's a great effort on setting up the project, process and making
man-pages available for translations.

I was wondering why majority of the languages are showing 0% when they
are already translated (may be not 100%) in the Fedora. e.g. Japanese
translations of man-pages shows 0%, but when you try out man-pages with
Japanese on your Fedora system, it seems they are translated.

How are we planning to sync it with upstream? If not, how would we
handle the distinct workflow OR How can we make sure the translations we
make here could really go into the distributions?

Thanks,
Ankit

--
Regards,