man-pages-l10n

D. Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 08:38:23 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-14 6:11 GMT+02:00 Akira TAGOH wrote:
> [...]

Hello,

I am the coordinator of the perkamon-fr project mentioned by Jérôme.

> At this moment, the master man pages are based on man-pages package in Fedora, and planning to provide the consistent content for all of supported languages in Fedora first. eventually containing the man pages in English to the release would be better to accomplish the above goal though, that may be another milestone.

Distributions patch upstream man-pages, either to fix quirks which are
forwarded upstream, or to document distribution specific changes.  At
the moment, there are 2 such pages modified by Fedora.
So if you want to provide a central repository for localized manual
pages, it would be nice to be agnostic about distributions.

Mickael maintains
  https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/translations.html
and AFAICT does not want to lead some translation framework.
IIRC he prefers to be contacted through the man-pages mailing list,
this may be the only reason why you did not have any reply from him.

Denis
PS: no need to Cc me