NEED YOUR HELP: Language list

Marek Laane bald at smail.ee
Wed Oct 15 10:35:06 UTC 2014

> (2014年10月15日 18:55), Marek Laane wrote:

>> <mailto:tomchiukc at gmail.com>>:
>>
>>     Also, should not the code for Estonia be "ee" instead of "et"?  It
>>     comes from their native name: "eesti" instead of "estonian".
>>
>> No, language code is et; ee ís country code
>>

> Thank you for clarification!
> Now I can't see Estonia team in the team list[1].
> Are you leading Estonia team? If so, could you kindly review this page[2]
> and check if all steps being taken? It is nice to show off that Fedora is
> supporting such various languages:-)
>
> If no team, is any point to add?
> I am wondering if we may skip this language for now but wait for a team to
> be formed in the future.
>
> [1]:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Teams
> [2]:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Maintainer
>

> noriko
>
> Well, I really don't know. There has been Fedora (or rather RedHat yet)
translation in long gone past which has carried on and on. I myself am
rather Mandriva/Mageia translator and have touched Fedoras translations
mostly as much as Mandriva/Mageia and Fedora have something common
(system-config-printer, usermode, maybe something else). For doing so, I
had to register as Fedora translator and as Transifex user etc, so yes, I
suppose, formallu I am Fedora translator, too, be there team (for Estonian)
or not. But I have no real intention to become "full-time" Fedora
translator at least in near future; OTOH I'd like to have an option to fix
or to update some files, especially if they are relevant to Mageia ...
(And anyway, as far as I know, Estonian still has quite much translated
strings in Fedora, so I guess it would be not thrown away? Even if there is
recently nobody to actively translate it?)

Marek Laane