NEED YOUR HELP: Language list

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 15 10:55:14 UTC 2014

(2014年10月15日 20:35), Marek Laane wrote:

> <mailto:noriko at fedoraproject.org>>:
>
>     (2014年10月15日 18:55), Marek Laane wrote:

>         <mailto:tomchiukc at gmail.com>
>         <mailto:tomchiukc at gmail.com <mailto:tomchiukc at gmail.com>>>:
>
>              Also, should not the code for Estonia be "ee" instead of
>         "et"?  It
>              comes from their native name: "eesti" instead of "estonian".
>
>         No, language code is et; ee ís country code
>

>     Thank you for clarification!
>     Now I can't see Estonia team in the team list[1].
>     Are you leading Estonia team? If so, could you kindly review this
>     page[2] and check if all steps being taken? It is nice to show off
>     that Fedora is supporting such various languages:-)
>
>     If no team, is any point to add?
>     I am wondering if we may skip this language for now but wait for a
>     team to be formed in the future.
>
>     [1]:https://fedoraproject.org/__wiki/L10N_Teams
>     <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Teams>
>     [2]:https://fedoraproject.org/__wiki/L10N_Maintainer
>     <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Maintainer>
>

>     noriko
>
> Well, I really don't know. There has been Fedora (or rather RedHat yet)
> translation in long gone past which has carried on and on. I myself am
> rather Mandriva/Mageia translator and have touched Fedoras translations
> mostly as much as Mandriva/Mageia and Fedora have something common
> (system-config-printer, usermode, maybe something else). For doing so, I
> had to register as Fedora translator and as Transifex user etc, so yes,
> I suppose, formallu I am Fedora translator, too, be there team (for
> Estonian) or not. But I have no real intention to become "full-time"
> Fedora translator at least in near future; OTOH I'd like to have an
> option to fix or to update some files, especially if they are relevant
> to Mageia ...
> (And anyway, as far as I know, Estonian still has quite much translated
> strings in Fedora, so I guess it would be not thrown away? Even if there
> is recently nobody to actively translate it?)

Great!
It was very good lesson for me. How the area so small that I know...
I gained new knowledge, thank you!
I understand your situation, however still do you mind just to put your
name up in the team list? So that anyone in the future who likes to
contact about Estonian translation can reach you?

For those in similar situation, please fill your language code and let
me know if any contact can be shown in the team list.

Marek, thank you again!

noriko