Go or No-Go for Move to Zanata Stage 0 -> Stage 1

Carlos Munoz camunoz at redhat.com
Mon Sep 1 22:05:53 UTC 2014

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the input. I'll walk you through those items you mentioned.

"If I go to "Groups" and choose "Fedora Software", I come to a page
that looks very empty.  0 words to translate, only two languages, (ja
and en-US).  Is this intended?"

Groups are a way to track multiple versions from different projects together. This means that you can see their combined stats and languages. This is useful when tracking the release of a big software component (e.g. RHEL) and keeping track of all the versions of the packages that will be released with it. When setting up a group, the user can select the languages and project versions they are interested in tracking. In your case, that very specific group only has those two languages, and a project version that hasn't gotten any documents uploaded yet. That's also why when clicking on "Fedora Software" you see the "No documents in this version". Let us know if you want us to upload a few documents in there for it showcase the features a bit better.

"Also on this page, there is a little sign "Next" over the percentage
number in the field "Swedish".  It came as a tooltip when I was about
to click the greater than sign to switch to the second list of
languages.  But it remained.  Is that really intended?"

I think you've found a visual glitch!
Yes, that tooltip is supposed to go away. If you could file a bugzilla, it'll be greatly appreciated.

"Is there anywhere a page where I can see the status of all
translations for a specific language, Swedish in my case?"

There is currently no way to track ALL projects and versions for a single language. We are planning on implementing a project search feature where you can search for projects in different ways, one of them being exactly the one you mentioned. As of now, the closest we have is the Groups feature which you have already discovered. You'll notice that when visiting a group, you get a series of tabs on top:

Projects: That's where you see which project versions are part of the group and how each language is progressing for each of those.
Languages: It's an orthogonal view of sorts. You see all the languages the group is interested in tracking, and from there you see how each project is progressing.
Maintainers: A list of the maintainers of the group, in case you need to contact them.

"If any of those things are bugs, let me know, and I'll file a
bugzilla.  But since I wasn't sure if it was just me misunderstanding
things, I wanted to ask first."

No harm in asking. Bugs are always welcome!
Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Carlos A. Munoz
Software Engineering Supervisor
Engineering - Internationalization
Red Hat

I've tested a little.  I have a couple of questions.

If I go to "Groups" and choose "Fedora Software", I come to a page
that looks very empty.  0 words to translate, only two languages, (ja
and en-US).  Is this intended?

If I choose any of the languages, I see fedora-installer.  If I click
on that, I am able to select Swedish.  But when I do, it says "no
documents in this version".  Is this intended?