Proposal: Split Fedora websites into modules

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 15 19:23:42 UTC 2014

> Hello everyone!
>
> I have thought of an idea.
> Would it be possible to split the Fedora Websites-project into several
> modules, like:
>
> Basic webpage
> Interviews
> Guides and manuals
>
> Or even split it into even more, like one pr. interview and one pr. guide?
>
> I am the only translator in the danish team, so it could be a huge help if
> they were splitted - that would give small teams the opportunity to
> prioritize the most important parts. Or let different team members translate
> the different modules :)

Hi Kris,
I'm one of the maintainers of the fedora-websites project.
I think splitting the websites project in several micro-repos is not
only technically a much bigger effort, but would also have the
opposite effect. People wouldn't know eactly where some strings are
and that would lead to much more untranslated strings, not really what
we'd like to have.
Please remember that we already split the fedora-websites project in
separated repos for the main fpo site, spins.fpo, start.fpo,
fedoracommunity etc...so I think it's already quite clear where you
should set priorities.
Just my thoughts about your proposal.
Thank you for bringing up your idea,
kind regards.