Being able to import .po files into Zanata

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Aug 29 11:27:55 UTC 2015

написане Sat, 29 Aug 2015 14:16:49 +0300, Baadur Jobava
<jobaval10n at gmail.com>:

> Apparently, Zanata does not permit the import of externally edited .po
> files.
>
> This is a serious hindrance in the translation process, as it disallows
> corrections to be made with external tools, or with tools people like
> more
> than Zanata itself.
>
> (Unless it's somewhere in the UI and I am not seeing it, please help me
> find it)
>
> Thanks,
> Jobava

Hi,

That's not true or just a part of an issue. ;)

Consider the general po-file from Transifex. Its header contains the
following line:

"Language-Team: German
(http://www.transifex.com/projects/p/anaconda/language/de/)\n"

This line transforms into

"Language-Team: German
(http://www.transifex.com/projects/p/anaconda/language/"
"de/)\n"

when importing to Zanata (80 char barrier).

The transformed file is correct in the Gettext sense, but cannot be
imported into Zanata back. ;)

So just remove this second line and it's Ok. ;)

"Language-Team: German\n"

You can edit and import the results into Zanata.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri