Fedora Websites Translations: Migration to Zanata completed!

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 18 12:52:19 UTC 2015

> Më 02/18/2015, 12:49 PM, Robert Mayr shkroi:
> > Dear translators,
> > the Websites team has completed the migration of all web sources to the
> > new translation platform and you can access the Websites Project from
> > the following link, to get familiar with it:
> > https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/fedora-web
> >
> > This doesn't mean we have switched completely to Zanata, but Transifex
> > won't get any updated source file from now on. The goal is to make the
> > switch as smooth as possible for you.
> > Actually we have 2 branches we are working on:
> >
> > 1) Production (master)
> > We still pull translations automatically from Transifex, but in about
> > 10-12 days we will freeze translations and close all source files,
> > making them un-translatable.
> > So, if you have some smaller fixes you can still use TX (until we freeze
> > it).
> > If you want to translate more pages you 'should' use Zanata, but you
> > won't see your translations in production until Fedora 22 Alpha release
> > date.
> >
> > 2) Fedora 22 Alpha branch (staging)
> > Actually we are working on prerelease pages in getfedora.org
> > <http://getfedora.org> and spins.fpo. Both source files are being pushed
> > ONLY to Zanata and we pull translations manually until F22 Alpha release.
> > Any translation for Alpha therefore MUST be translated on Zanata.
> > We are going to build Alpha pages in staging ASAP, so you can have a
> > look where the new strings are and in which context.
> >
> > If you don't know exactly where to translate the strings in this period,
> > I'd advice you to work only on Zanata. There are some strings which
> > unfortunately we were not able to merge correctly, so please have a look
> > and eventually copy and paste them from TX if you already did those
> strings.
> > Finally I think the earlier you get comfortable with Zanata the better,
> > so this is a good moment to do so, as we are about 3 weeks away from
> > Alpha release and didn't hit any freeze for now.
> >
> > I hope the plan will work as expected, if you have any specific
> > questions about this workflow or something is not clear to you, just
> > ping me on -websites.
> > Thank you for your help and happy translating to all!
> >
> > --
> > Robert Mayr
> > (robyduck)
>
> Thank you for your work!
>
> Are all 7 to be translated or is any resource discontinued?
>
> Cheers,
> Besnik

All 7 sources have been migrated "as is", but yes, not all of them actually
are maintained. You should focus your work on:
* getfedora.org
* spins.fedoraproject.org
* start.fedoraproject.org

and perhaps
* fedoracommunity.org

while all others actually are not getting any updates. AFAICS the migration
of those websites also was completed nearly at 100%, so I'd say there is no
need to update them in this moment. You will have enough to do with the
other three websites I guess.
Greetings.

--
Robert Mayr