Fedora Globalization FAD first day report

shankar prasad prasad.mvs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 18:18:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

Good to see Fedora Globalization meetup is happening!

Did you guys discuss the poor state of Fedora Indic L10n? In Pravin's blog
I did not see any mention about the current L10n status of Indic Language.

I have been contributing to Fedora since past 9 years. In the last couple
of years, I observed that Indic contributors are gradually moving away from
it. Did we discuss, why Fedora is getting less attractive with respect to
Indic L10n? Is Fedora is not doing much to get the Indian volunteers for
L10n? Is popularity also counts here?

I think we need to introspect on these lines if we are interested to grow
the number contributors for Indic Languages. If the Indian Languages are
not of priority, then please ignore this.

Thanks
Shankar