Tip for reviewing anaconda translation (F23)

tiansworld tiansworld at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 2 12:39:48 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Robert Antoni Buj i Gelonch <
robert.buj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you think that it's an interesting tip, please, can you add it in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Translate_on_Zanata#Testing
>
> Regards,
> Robert

> robert.buj at gmail.com>:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> This simple commands can help us to review anaconda translation from a
>> live install media.
>>
>> su -c 'rm -f /usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/anaconda.mo; msgfmt <(curl
>> -s
>> https://fedora.zanata.org/rest/file/translation/anaconda/f23-branch/ca/po?docId=po%2Fanaconda
>> &> /dev/stdout) -o /usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/anaconda.mo'
>>
>> The previous command, first removes the Catalan translation of Anaconda
>> in a booted live media, then downloads the Catalan translation from Zanata
>> and installs it in the live media.

Hi Robert,
Thanks for sharing with us.
The wiki page you mentioned is a general translation guide for zanata.org.
So I suggest that we can change the command into a general one, which can
be used for other fedora component, for example firewalld, abrt or
imsettings and so on. Then we can add it to the wiki page, otherwise there
will be lots of lines on single fedora component testing. :D

By the way, if you have the editing privilege, you can add it to the page
by yourself after make it more general.
--
Regards,

Tian Shixiong