Request for including udisks in fedora.zanata.org

Robert Antoni Buj i Gelonch robert.buj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 20:38:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

> > It would be great having udisks and storaged projects in Zanata, because
> > they have similar translations, almost identical.
> >
> > [1] https://www.transifex.com/freedesktop/udisks/
> > [2] https://fedora.zanata.org/iteration/view/storaged/storaged
> >

> I don't understand. Yes, storaged is a fork of udisks, but udisks
> upstream (considerably less active these days, btw) chose Transifex as
> their translation platform - as a part of the freedesktop project, no
> less. I'm not sure what are you proposing here.

A translator can save much time by having both projects in the same
translation platform. We can ask to the maintainer of udisks for moving the
translations into Zanata. Both projects will win consistency in their
translated messages by using for example Zanata's tools, matching
translations in translation proposals.

It's only a proposal. I understand very well if this is not possible, but
It will be a pity ;-)

Regards,
Robert

--