How to translate plural forms in zanata online editor?

Ding Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 04:05:11 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Jérôme Fenal <jfenal at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Howdy,
> >>
> >> I have not looked close at fedora.zanata.org lately, and it seems now
> >> zanata shows strings with singular/plural forms in *one* textbox in
> >> its online editor, as in screenshot [1]. I am wondering what is the
> >> right way to translate them? I tried to search through the zanata
> >> docs, but cannot find it. Hope someone can point out for me. Thanks!
> >>
> >> [1] http://susepaste.org/83191113
> >
> > Hi Alick,
> >
> > You'd need to actually check in the source if the mix of singular and
> > plural form are handled.
> >
> > Zanata does present the two alternatives when the code for the
> > translated messages does handle it.
> >

> Yes, I do see the two alternatives with two radio buttons. My question
> is: How to translate both two strings in one entry box? Should I first
> translate the first one, then press the second radio button, and then
> translate the second one? The warning messages appear when I tried to
> do these, so I am not quite sure what is the right thing to do...

If you translates string from the language with plural (e.g. English)
to the language without plural (e.g. Chinese).

Normally you only need to translate the singular (the first) string.
The radio buttons there are merely for copy from source string.

--
Ding-Yi Chen
Software Engineer
Email: dchen at redhat.com

Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
Level 1, 193 North Quay
Brisbane 4000
Office: +61 7 3514 8100
Fax: +61 7 3514 8199
Website: www.redhat.com

Red Hat, Inc.
Facebook: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat Japan | Red Hat Korea | JBoss APAC
Twitter: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat ANZ
LinkedIn: Red Hat APAC | JBoss APAC