Problem with CUPS

Hesty P hestyp at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 04:11:27 UTC 2003

Hello all,

I am having problem with cups after naively running
setup script for Samsung ML-1710 laser printer (USB).
The driver is available here:
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Printer/support/Download/driver/driver_SamsungLinuxDriver_0000004418_3.htm

Afterwards, everytime starting cups, I get this error
message:

Starting cups: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/printconf-backend", line 7, in ?
    import backend
  File "/usr/share/printconf/util/backend.py", line
52, in ?
    which = cups_import.which_spooler ()
  File "/usr/share/printconf/util/cups_import.py",
line 191, in which_spooler
    which = l.split ('.')[1].strip ()
IndexError: list index out of range

I cannot run redhat-config-printer,
redhat-config-printer-gui, printconf, etc. More
importantly, I cannot print to the printer :(

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Hesty