Evolution 1.4.5 and its very limited capabilities

Mon Dec 1 15:32:46 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 09:20, Arturo Duran wrote:
> I am using the default Evolution package installed by
> FC1.
>
> I am rather disappointed at the limitations imposed by
> the application when sending messages:
>
> NO font sizes
> NO font colours
> NO "Justified" paragraph alignment
>
> All of these options are greyed out BY DEFAULT.
>
> Is this a bug?.
> Can anyone help?.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Arturo Duran

Unless your default Composer settings are for HTML, you get plain text,
which cannot have colors, fonts sizes or other formatting.

Either:

1. Go to Tools -> Settings -> Composer Preferences and select "Format
Messages in HTML"

OR

2. When you create a new e-mail, select Format and check HTML.

Then you will have your formatting options.

Option number 2 is better, since your default messages (like to this
list) will be plain text, which is the preferred approach.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz