WINDOWMAKER-FLUXBOX

Paul Morgan paul.morgan at jumanjihouse.com
Mon Dec 1 16:31:45 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 20:31, nipson anomhmata wrote:
> I installed windomaker and fluxbox with apt-get, but
> gdm does not show them!I add them in gdm's
> configuration file but the problem still exists! Any
> idea guys? Thanks!!!

This worked for me (from http://www.fluxbox.org/docs/en/faq.php#fedora):

<quote>
The fedora distribution uses a different setup again. Instead of the
dm-specific locations, it requires session files to be in
/etc/X11/dm/Sessions.

So, to get Fluxbox into its session menu, create the file:
/etc/X11/dm/Sessions/fluxbox with contents:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Fluxbox
Type=Application
Icon=
Exec=fluxbox
You may need to put the full path to fluxbox in the Exec line if it is
in a non-standard location.

</quote>