inconsistencies in repositories

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Mon Dec 1 19:47:24 UTC 2003

> I'm trying to install it now from command line.
>
> I understand that the right tool for it is yum and not up2date.
> However when I try to install i get:
> # yum install php-mysql
> [snip]
> Resolving dependencies
> ..package MySQL-devel needs MySQL-client (not provided)
> package MySQL-bench needs MySQL-client (not provided)

I think you or someone else has installed a non-fedora mysql package,
since the packages in fedora are named mysql, mysql-server and
mysql-devel. MySQL isn't the same thing as mysql in the wonderful world
of rpm. So, you should remove all MySQL rpms and instead use the fedora
packages. Remove them, then do yum install php-mysql again, and it will
grab mysql along with it.

Note: mysql in fedora is 3.23, so if you need 4.x you'll have to look
elsewhere for mysql and related packages.

/Peter