Issues with USB.

DeepSPIN Productions JacquesDeepSPIN at
Tue Dec 2 06:24:51 UTC 2003

I'm having some serious problems with USB on my FC1 machine. Whenever I plug my USB printer or USB Flash drive in, the machine immediately hangs. No error messages is given.

Also when I leave a USB device connected to the system, it hangs shortly after the USB detection section occurs on the boot-up screen that displays what FC1 is configuring for system bootup.

What might cause this? Do I first have to install some system packages to enable USB support on FC1?

Does anyone else have similar problems?

thanX in advance for any help given,