What's in the new kernel?

nosp nosp at xades.com
Wed Dec 3 01:05:59 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 00:43, Kelson Vibber wrote:
> So what's actually changed in the kernel 2.4.22-1.2129.nptl
> package?  Obviously it's not the do_brk fix, because that was already in
> the kernel that shipped with FC1.  But I haven't seen anything, either here
> or on fedora-announce, indicating what's different and why it's worth
> updating the kernel.

Long answer: rpm -q --changelog kernel-2.4.22-1.2129.nptl

Short answer: depends on what you think it interesting...here's what
caught my eye:

- Process scheduler fix. When doing sync wakeups we must not skip the
notification of other cpus if the task is not on this runqueue.
- Fix power-off on shutdown with ACPI.
- Merge required ia32 syscalls for AMD64
- Fix power-off on shutdown with ACPI.
- Add missing part of recent cmpci fix
- Drop CONFIG_NR_CPUS patch which was problematic.
- Various NPTL fixes.
- Drop netfilter change which proved to be bad upstream.
- Fix NForce3 DMA and ATA133 on AMD64
- Fix syscall definitions on AMD64
- Fix Intel 440GX Interrupt routing.
- Fix waitqueue leak in cmpci driver.
- Kill noisy warnings in the DRM modules.
- Merge munged upstream x86-64.org patch for various AMD64 fixes.
- Further cleanups related to AMD64 build.
- Make AMD64 build.