weird characters in man pages and html

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Dec 3 13:27:43 UTC 2003

On Dec 2, 2003 at 21:58, Gordon Messmer in a soothing rage wrote:

>William Hooper wrote:
>> Paolo Nesti Poggi  said:
>>
>>>I'm accessing my fedora trough ssh using secureCRT on Windows 98 (however
>>>what I'll describe happens also using putty).
>>

>> You need to set PuTTY to use UTF-8 (not sure how to do the same with
>> secureCRT).
>
>I've never heard a method to convince secureCRT to interpret the UTF-8
>character set.  If you find one, please post it.
Session Options -> Emulation -> Advanced -> Character Encoding.
The drop down box should have UTF-8. This is on SecureCRT 4.0.5.

And pectech needs to learn how to inline post.

N.Emile...
Reliable source, n.:
	The guy you just met.
 08:25:12  up 10 days, 12:28,  4 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.75, 0.43