!!!>>USB problem on FC1 (Digital camera causes kernel panic / lockup)

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 3 15:58:03 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:56:42 -0500
Charles E Taylor IV <tomalek at mindspring.com> wrote:

> This may be related to a problem I've been experiencing with FC1 on my
> Thinkpad 570E and my HP Photosmart 315 digital camera.

[Kernel panic / freeze]

Just in case there's anyone else with a Photosmart 315 camera out there, I
found a similar report for Red Hat 9 in Bugzilla:  Bug # 97154 ...

The latest kernel update from Fedora doesn't fix the problem.  Luckily, I
can plug the compact flash media from the camera right into my laptop, so
I can still use my camera.  I just don't like seeing my Linux install
crash like a bad install of Windows ME. ;)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!