web page problem - mozilla bug or java-script error?

Thomas Munck Steenholdt tmus at get2net.dk
Wed Dec 3 21:53:00 UTC 2003

> On this page, the first "go" button is partially covered
> by the contents of the section which contains the second
> "go" button. Though the mouse pointer in Mozilla changes
> over the first button, clicking on it has no effect (once
> the fields have the needed contents entered.
>
> http://www.guinnessvote.ca/en/home.phtml
>
> Is this a mozilla bug, or a java-script problem?
>
> versions: Mozilla 1.4.1, (Sun) Java plug-in 1.4.2_02-b03
> I am using the nVidia drivers with the screen resolution
> at 1024 x 768 - 24 bit.
>

> Elton
> --
> http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_4504.html
> "You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
> LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.Public

This is actually neither!

The problem here is that the page has been coded with a shovel(probably
only testing it against IE)
Run it through the validator.w3.org
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guinnessvote.ca%2Fen%2Fhome.phtml
It shows 47 errors which might indicate that somebody is not caring too
much about standards!!!

Thomas