LPRng --> CUPS; convert printcap file?

Matt Temple mht at research.dfci.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 3 22:57:52 UTC 2003

All,

We have a server running, among other things, LPRng.  It has a large
number of print queues.   I'm in the process of bringing up a new
Fedora-based server.  (It's a Dell Poweredge 2600 which I updated from
RH 7.3 to Fedora with only a small number of problems.)   I'm trying to
find out what problems I'll have converting the queues to CUPS.
Is there any automated way?   In additions, many of our print queues
are netatalk driven.  Does anyone there have experience with Netatalk/CUPS?

					Matt Temple

Matthew Temple                Tel:    617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing  Fax:    617/582-7820
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute  mht at research.dfci.harvard.edu
44 Binney Street,  ML105      http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115              Choice is the Choice!