avoid nvidia?

leam leam at reuel.net
Thu Dec 4 00:45:09 UTC 2003

Charles Curley wrote:

> I just installed Fedora Core 1 on an nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2
> MX/MX 400] (rev 178) on an ASUS A7V8X-X motherboard, and I have
> exactly one video glitch, which may be motherboard related. I'll
> research and document it in detail and post to the list. The Fedora
> Xfree86 "nv" driver is doing just fine once I get X running.

I have a GeForce2 MX/MX400 and it has a slow load on RH9. The white
screen hangs for about 30 seconds, and logins and mozilla windows are
very slow for a machine with 64M video ram and 1/2G regular ram.

OTOH, I've only installed base stuff and the Nvidia drivers from their
website. Still getting the process down before I switch to FC.

ciao!

leam