Webmin with Fedora

WA9ALS - John wa9als at starband.net
Thu Dec 4 17:48:52 UTC 2003

I had Webmin working with RH8, but can't get it going with FC1.  I've tried
installing webmin-1.121.1.noarch.rpm file with the GUI package manager - It
seemed to never finish - ie no usual message about how it will be on port
10000 and using the root acct.

Then I tried again using their suggested command of rpm -U
webmin-1.121.1.noarch.rpm.  That appeared to work - It said it installed and
gave the expected message about port number and root account.  It said "You
may now login to domainname:10000 etc.  However, it doesn't work.

Could someone give me some clues where to look?  I have the port open in my
firewall, and as I said, I've had it working before - has to be something
simple....  ;-)  THANKS   - John