removed mp3 support in media players in fedora core 1

Patrick Olsen rattatpat at
Thu Dec 4 22:01:05 UTC 2003

i dont know about you but i could almost swear that i could play mp3s right
after the install. maybe im having brain fart but i am almost positive.
unlike the RH 8 9 etc...

>From: George Farris <farrisg at>
>To: fedora-list at
>Subject: Re: removed mp3 support in media players in fedora core 1
>Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:12:03 -0800
> > I have a more interesting question....Since Fedora is now a community
> > project and RedHat is only "sponsoring" it, might that relieve RedHat
>of legal
> > consequences of the patent issues?  Could we now include mp3 support?
>Come on folks.  Every time someone complains about the lack of mp3
>support it irks me.  What you're saying here is ignore the mp3 license
>but uphold the GPL.  Think about it.  If we want people to respect the
>GPL then we must respect other licenses.
>George Farris	farrisg at
>Malaspina University-College - Cowichan Campus
>fedora-list mailing list
>fedora-list at
>To unsubscribe:

Tired of slow downloads and busy signals?  Get a high-speed Internet
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.