why sendmail and not postfix?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Dec 4 22:57:46 UTC 2003

At 12:09 12/4/2003, you wrote:
>     3. Redhat/Fedora makes the important step of disabling Sendmail by
>way of the daemon-line so you don't set it up without configuring it and
>becoming your town's main hub of spam.  Change "127.0.0.1" to the IP
>address it's listening on, restart it, and you're ready to go.

While you're at it, make sure you enable SMTP AUTH to prevent people
abusing your system as an open relay. See my HOWTO on this specific subject at:

http://www.simpaticus.com/linux/sendmail-smtp-auth-howto.html

Another 30 seconds worth of work... no big deal and just as easy to configure.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com