Resizing root fs

dballester at kernpharma.com dballester at kernpharma.com
Fri Dec 5 12:24:04 UTC 2003

Hi:

      Read
http://www.pcplus.co.uk/media/pcplus/pdf/190/190.masterclass.linux%20expert.pdf

HTH

|         |           "Baker, Brendon"   |
|         |           <BBaker at fnb.co.za> |
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-admin at r|
|         |           edhat.com          |
|         |           05/12/2003 12:50   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a fedora-list      |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     "'fedora-list at redhat.com'" <fedora-list at redhat.com>                                                           |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   Resizing root fs                                                                                              |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi

I have added another disk to my logical volume which is the root fs. I now
want to resize the filesystem. How do I do this? Dont you need to be able
umount it?
Is there a boot disk that can you can boot off to do this? What is the
command?

Thanks
Brendon

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of
the author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group or its management.  The information in this
e-mail is confidential
and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone
else is unauthorised.
distribution or any action taken or
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity
of information and data
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no
liability or
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for
whatever reason, corrupted
or does not reach its intended destination.