Computer without CDROM and Fedora ISO

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Dec 5 22:03:48 UTC 2003

Miroslav Halas wrote:
> Yes I have tries this (or similar) I can successfully mount the CDROM,
> but the packager doesn't look by default in that location so it doesn't
> allow me to install it.

rpm only looks at its database when sorting out dependancies.  If the
package it wants hasn't been installed then the install fails.  You
will manually have to manually install the prerequsite rpm from whatever
media ia you have it on (NFS, FTP, CD-ROM, whatever).  rpm can't do that
for you, as it doesn't know where the media is.

> Glenn English wrote:
>
>  > On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 14:18, Miroslav Halas wrote:
>  >
>  > > Now I am trying to install from RPMs some applications I use (sapdb)
>  > > and Fedora asks me to insert 3rd CDRom disc. I don't have even CDROM
>  > > drive so I cannot do it and therefore I cannot install my apps.
>  > > Anybody has an idea how to get around this and redirect Fedora to the
>  > > ISOs?
>  >
>  > How about 'mount -t iso9660 <disk3isofile> /mnt/cdrom'
>  >
>  > I really don't know if that'll work, but it seems fairly reasonable. If
>  > you try it, please let me know.
>  >
>  > --
>  > Glenn English
>  > ghe at slsware.com
>  >

> --

-  You know the old saying--any technology sufficiently advanced is  -
-               indistinguishable from a Perl script                 -
-                                 --Programming Perl, 2nd Edition    -