lexmark printer (z23) and Nvidia driver

Luke Matthews luke at littlelukey.com
Sat Dec 6 04:00:20 UTC 2003

Has anyone successfully setup a Lexmark Z23 printer in Fedora Core 1? I
downloaded the driver for it from Lexmark's website, installed the
additional libslang libraries by doing "yum install compat-slang",
installed the Lexmark driver, but when I try to print it gives me the
following error:

#BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE#
A print error occured. Error message received from your system:

/usr/bin/lpr -P 'Z33-outfiles''-#1''/tmp/kde-lmatthew/kdeprint-yxeLake':
execution failed with message:

lpr: unable to print file: client-error-not-found
#END ERROR MESSAGE#

Anybody else run into this problem with the Lexmark Z23 printer?

On another note, after spending several hours trying to get the Nvidia
drivers working with my Geforce 4 card, I thought I would share with
anybody else having the same problem. First off I compiled the 2.4.23
kernel from kernel.org. Secondly I installed the Nvidia driver per
instructions in the readme on the Nvidia website. The problem I ran into
is at this point is that it was using the old libGL.so.1 in
/usr/X11R6/lib/tls. I tried changing the sym-link in /usr/X11R6/lib/tls to
point to the newly created driver in /usr/lib but that didn't work, so
what I did was I moved the /usr/X11R6/lib/tls folder elsewhere, I believe
I just moved it to /tls (ie mv /usr/X11R6/lib/tls /tls) and then I made a
symbolic link in place of the aforementioned directory that pointed to
/usr/lib. Maybe not the best way to fix it? Who knows, it works though.
Hope it will help someone! If anybody knows a "more correct way" to fix
this then please by all means do enlighten me. :)

  --Luke