[OT] - Kermit/Minicom connection

A.J. Werkman werkman at digifarma.nl
Sat Dec 6 09:06:44 UTC 2003

At 05:23 06-12-2003, you wrote:
>From: McKeever Chris <tech-mail at prupref.com>
>To: fedora-list at redhat.com, McKeever Chris <tech-mail at prupref.com>
>Subject: Re: [OT] - Kermit/Minicom connection
>
>Got kermit to work, thanks for everyone that gave me pointers.
>never figured out keymapping in minicom.
>played with procomm plus, but had a personal battle with kermit.
>
>I needed to make an initialization script for kermit, and was luck enough
>to find function key sequences for a 513 terminal.
>
>set key \92 \27Ow       ; cancel \
>set key \45 \27[V       ; previous -
>set key \61 \27[U       ; next +
>set key \47 \27SB       ; Enter /
>set key \96 \27Om       ; help ~
>set key \127 \8         ; backspace send BS
>
>comment * open create connection
>set modem type none        ; There is no modem
>set line /dev/ttyS0        ; Specify device name
>set carrier-watch off      ; If DTR and CD are not cross-connected
>set speed 9600             ; Or other desired speed
>connect

I was wondering are you talking about c-kermit (Linux) here??? I had the
same fight trying on a linux console to let c-kermit emulate a xenix-co
terminal, because a AIX application wants to see a xenix-co terminal on the
others side of the line.

I never got it working because c-kermit unlike ms-kermit does not support
terminal emulation. I wish it did!!!!

Have you found a way to translate the send-out ascii string of the <F>-keys
as well?? If so, I am very interested how you did this. That would give me
a solution for my problem as well!!

Koos.