POST Form with Lynx

Jean Francois Ortolo ortolo.jeanfrancois at free.fr
Sat Dec 6 11:39:50 UTC 2003

Hi
  I apologize to ask for such a general question, if you could give me
some links to the lynx options, perhaps it might be better.

  I wish to automatically submit a POST Form with the three datas: day,
month, year with precomputed values, to a web site, using lynx, then
retrieve the resulting html source page,
and redirect it to a local file.

  This might be done either from a Bash Shell script, or a PHP script, for
I have Apache and Linux RedHat9 on my computer.

  The lynx man page shows me the "-post_data" lynx option, allows
to do this, but doesn't give the precise format of the post datas to be
entered into stdin ( or by piping those from a file ).

  May I be allowed to ask you to say to me, the way this can be done ?

  Thank you very much for your help.

  Best regards.

  Jean Francois Ortolo