A good news story: Fedora on Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300...

Brad fuser at capstone.net.au
Sat Dec 6 16:24:08 UTC 2003

I have just purchased a used Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 notebook and with
significant trepidation installed Win2K for my wife and then Fedora for me,
with a view to setting it up as dual-boot.

As I didn't get the original installation CD with the notebook, I had to find
and download all of the Windows drivers to get everything working. This was a
lengthy but relatively simple process once I had found the software on the
WWW.

I then started the Fedora install with 3 the CDs. Fedora detected everything
on the notebook, defaulted to 1024 x 768 with millions of colours, installed
Win2K in the grub boot screen and just... well... worked!

I am SO impressed by this and it has been a great pleasure *finally* getting a
Linux notebook, and not having to use Windoze any more.

Now I just have to get my wife onto Fedora and it will be a consummate
victory.

:-)

Cheers,
Brad