Not associated to a channel anylonger

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 6 20:14:04 UTC 2003

Xia  said:

>> This is probably what did it, because RHN doesn't have a channel for
>> Fedora, and by default Fedora doesn't talk to RHN.

> Then I removed file systemid and file systemid.save, and ran
> rhn_register again to register a new account with a new email address.
> After Up2date finished sending my profile to RHN server I recieved an
> error message telling me that my computer is using a invaild operation
> system identified as:

I'm not sure how to say this any plainer.  *There is no RHN channel for
Fedora*.  You can run rhn_register all you want, but there won't be a
channel to associate with.

Now:

Run up2date-nox --config and set "useRhn" to no.  DON'T RUN rhn_register.
Up2date will now be configure to use the default yum repositories like it
should.

--
William Hooper