[SECURITY] Updated Fedora Core 1 kernel packages.

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Sat Dec 6 21:37:32 UTC 2003

Hi Dave,

> It wasn't realised until the last week or so just how important that fix
> was.

> > And why wasn't this issue communicated to other distros?
>
> It was. None of us realised the importance.
> There's a lot more "behind the scenes" coordination between distros
> than most folks realise.

 Actually I did expect / hoped that to be the case since it is probably
good for everyone. As you explain it this just boils down to a
misinterpretation of the severity of the bug which is why it wasn't
communicated until after the fact. BIG bummer, but at least I am glad to
hear it is not due to a lack of communication.

Bye,
Leonard.