Can't boot fedora on a pure SCSI system

Bob Jones bt4rfj at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 7 08:44:10 UTC 2003

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 19:46:57 -0500, Allan Metts <ametts2 at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> I have system with nothing but SCSI drives in it.  Fedora installation
> went smooth as silk, but the system won't boot after install.  I'm
> telling my machine's BIOS to boot from SCSI, and the BIOS is enabled on
> the Adaptec SCSI controller.  I was able to boot from a SCSI CDROM to do
> the install.
>
> I checked /etc/grub.conf by booting from the Fedora CD in rescue mode.
> It looked okay to me -- the boot partition is on /dev/sda.

       We need more info - What type motherboard (440GX ?), SCSI controller
(Adaptec/built-in ?). Where does it fail on boot? What does
/var/log/messages say about errors? - I presume you tried to boot again
with the boot CD using "linux rescue". Did you try the boot floppy you
created when you installed?

Bob Jones