laptop screen issue

Bob Jones bt4rfj at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 7 09:11:10 UTC 2003

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:19:07 +0200, Alpay Erturkmen
<kalpaye at ii.metu.edu.tr> wrote:

> hi there,
> i am new to the list and i do not know whether this is a Fedora issue. I
> am using Fedora on an old IBM Thinkpad 570, and a USB mouse. My screen
> just goes blank randomly and it does not light up by the mouse but just
> the keyboard. is the power management not listening to my usb mouse? how
> can i fix it? could you just show me some route? i could not write such
> a ling query into Google :)

Google on " ps2.exe+570+thinkpad ". Your BIOS is not the problem - it's
the Thinkpad setup utility which came with the original Win95 system disk.
However, what you can do is download the DOS Config Utility disk from IBM.

http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4ZFPE

Read the info for disk creation and setup

Bob Jones.