Help with mouse & soundcard

Wolfgang wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Sun Dec 7 10:49:59 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 16:14, Sponger wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> Just installed FC1 on another system of mine and the mouse was not found
> during install, and once in fedora, could not figure out how to get it
> working. (it is a Logitech MX500 on USB)
> Also, my sound card(well actually its onboard, I have a DFI Lanparty NFII
> with the soundstorm audio.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
>
> Thanks Guys!

I would go check your /etc/X11/XF86Config file, and in the mouse section
change the mouse protocol to:

	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"

I run a Logitech MX700, and it works great this way. (Then, when I did
the initial install, I set the mouse to default to a MS Mouse which uses
this protocol.)

As to your onboard sound card problem. I can't help you there. Although
I could suggest to disable it, and install a PCI sound card, like a
Creative SBLive Value, or equivalent.

Wolf