Fractal generator

Peter van Egdom p.van.egdom at chello.nl
Sun Dec 7 11:42:07 UTC 2003

Op zo 07-12-2003, om 12:03 schreef trufflesdad:
> Can anyone recommend a fractal generator for Fedora ??

XaoS 3.1 (http://xaos.sourceforge.net/index.php).

A quote from the README : "XaoS is a fast portable real-time interactive
fractal zoomer. It displays the Mandelbrot set (among other escape time
fractals) and allows you to zoom smoothly into the fractal."

XaoS is one of my favorite fractal generators.

In the past (about 10 years ago) I used Fractint under DOS. I think
Fractint is capable of generating more detailed 'deeper fractals' but
with a tradeoff for speed. There is a official Unix version of Fractint
available : http://www.fractint.org, but it seems that the GCC version
in Fedora does not compile the Fractint source.

Regards,

--
Peter van Egdom <p.van.egdom at chello.nl>