gnome system monitor applet

Iain Buchanan iain at pcorp.com.au
Mon Dec 8 03:56:51 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to make the gnome system monitor applet
dynamically redo its network maximum as time changes, much like
gkrellm.  Because I'm on a LAN behind a firewall/gateway, I have LAN
speeds of 100MB/s, but internet speeds of only 64kB/s, so after I check
email / transfer a file locally, the network graph becomes useless for
showing internet speeds.

alternatively, is there another panel applet that shows network speed in
a graph, that updates dynamically?

TIA,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at pcorp.nospam.com.au>

Brace yourselves.  We're about to try something that borders on the unique:
an actually rather serious technical book which is not only (gasp) vehemently
anti-Solemn, but also (shudder) takes sides.  I tend to think of it as
`Constructive Snottiness.'
		-- Mike Padlipsky, "Elements of Networking Style"