Beta Nvidia Drivers

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Mon Dec 8 07:46:35 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 19:31, Will Mendez wrote:
> If anyone is interested, it does not seem to require the gcc32 workaround as
> well.
>
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21848

    Tried this: it rocks.  Sure, there's risk: it's beta.  But if your
installation worked without any problems, it'll probably work for ya.

    There's a nice 'nvidia-settings' program now that runs under X to
let you change settings without all the messing around.  I especially
appreciated the ability to set the hue, brightness, contrast and more
for the xVideo service- my TV capture card.

    SWEET.

    Oh...did I mention I've doubled my FPS in some places? (It also
halves it under UT 2003, so it's a mixed blessing)

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262