grub hangs on a pure SCSI system when adding a new hdd

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano.brunetti at decitaly.org
Mon Dec 8 16:39:47 UTC 2003

Hi everybody,

i ran into the following problem. On a pure SCSI system (2940UW PCI
card) i was running Fedora Core 1 with no problems, until i tried to put
another hdd on the system.

I configured my SCSI bios in order to boot from the proper hdd (i.e. the
one with grub installed), but system can't boot. I only see 'GRUB' and
then system hangs. The new disk is good and working on the same adapter.

My motheboard is rather old and IDE controller are bios-disabled.

Is this a grub issue?

No help, of course, from /var/log/messages.

Any idea?

Thanks

E.