rpm dep test failure in Fedora Core

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Mon Dec 8 19:09:15 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 11:28, fedora wrote:
> I am trying to duplicate rebuilding a custom single CD distro like i once
> did in RH8 and 9 in Fedora Core 1.

I've done this with no problems.  I've made a single 355 MB install
CD-ROM.

> I have all the rpms in place but when i run
> rpm --test --dbpath /tmp/testdb -Uvh *.rpm
>
> I get the following
> error: Failed dependencies:
>   /usr/bin/cmp is needed by grub-0.93-7
>   /sbin/fuser is needed by initscripts-7.42-1

Do you have diffutils and psmisc in your directory?

Only significant change I noticed from previous versions is that you
need to run "genhdlist --productpath Fedora" for it to find the RPMS
directory.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/