FC1 upgrade from Red Hat 7.1

Hans Deragon hans at deragon.biz
Mon Dec 8 19:38:14 UTC 2003

Robert Arnold wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>    I have a RH 7.1 system that I'd like to upgrade to FC1. Has anyone
> tried this and what, if any, are the "gotchas" involved in doing this?
> The current system is pretty much out of the box RH with a few services
> added like IRC and some web scripts using PHP and Perl.
>
> Bob Arnold

I cannot tell.  However, I successfully upgrade a RHL 6.2 machine to RHL 9.  I
only had to upgrade the RPMs packages first on the RHL 6.2 machine and then
insert the RHL 9 CDs.  Worked A1.

Chances are, it will probably work with your system.  Just be sure to make a
backup (if you do not have done this already, buy a new HD and dd if=/dev/hda
of=/dev/hdb to create your backup).

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.         Open source: