Inspion 5150 Laptop and Fedora

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Tue Dec 9 02:48:04 UTC 2003

Or Do what I do.. install as per usual, when at the grub config, select,
install grub into MBR of Linux Partition. Then when you re-boot, you will
still see XP's OS loader. Go get the util called bootpart (URL ??) and then
learn how to use it.

what bootpart does essentially is rip the MBr from the linux partition and
puts it into XP's Loader so that you use XP loader to load Grub and then use
grub to load Linux

XP Loader -> Grub -> Linux

With most modern PCs you don't need the /boot partition to be below 1024
cylinders.. Although a separate /boot partition is desirable for safety
purposes (but even I have only a / partition only)

If you get into trouble, drop me a line. :)

Note : Each time you re-size your Linux paritition, you need to re-grub
it.I'm not sure why but when ever I do it, I had to regrub it before it
would work properly.