Multi-boot sytem advice

Russ bigrig64 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 04:59:23 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I am planning on setting up a multi-boot system with 2 HD's. I _think_ I
know what I want to do, but I would like to throw this out for some advice.

I just bought this new DELL (3ghz, 512ram, 80gig HD, WinXP home). I also
just bought another HD (160gig) which I want to add to the system.

Here's my plan:

I want to run XP and Win98se on the 80 and I want to run Fedora, SuSE, and
Mandrake on the 160. I planed on giving the Linux distros each their own
partition except for /Home and swap. If all share the home directory, will
they play nice? Will all user data be accessible in all distros? Let's say I
check my mail in SuSE, will I be able to read it if I boot into FEDORA? I
would think yes if the same program is used in each distro and the login
names are the same (this is only a guess)?

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Russ