HTTP + VNC install?

Mauri Sahlberg Mauri.Sahlberg at claymountain.com
Tue Dec 9 06:07:07 UTC 2003

ma, 2003-12-08 kello 21:49, Peter Loron kirjoitti:
> Is it possible to do a VNC controlled install of Yarrow with the data
> coming from an HTTP (or FTP) server? I tried booting from the CD and using:
>
> linux vnc http
>
> but that didn't work. Using just the 'vnc' keyword got the the cd-based
> install working through VNC fine, but I would like to not have to feed
> the target machine CDs...

Been there, done that, although from floppies. But I guess you could try
one of the following:

1) Try booting with: linux askmethod vnc from the first iso image.

2) The first Fedora CD contains image-directory which contains an
iso-image called boot.iso. Make a cd from that one and just boot with
linux vnc. It should ask what kind of install you wish to do.

What I did was to boot from two floppies but the reason for that was
that the machine I tried this on just don't boot from the cd.

Unfortunately this doesn't work with RHEL AS or ES. But I'm really
tempted to change that if I ever get time to read the source... ;)

Regards,
--
Mauri "mos" Sahlberg	Pretax Systems Oy	+358 207 44 2228
Technology Evangelist	Pääskylänrinne 8	+358 207 44 2201